Monday 18 February 2013

Tower Block DVD Review

Asa and I LOVE films, with very limited babysitting available, most of our relaxation time is spent watching movies, this has been the case for the past 15 years!!

When we were given the opportunity to review Tower Block from Lionsgate, I jumped at the chance. We love a wide range of films and this one definitely appealed to us, as we love a good thriller.


When Jimmy is brutally murdered by two hooded figures, the residents of the Serenity House tower block are witnesses to the killing but, fearing retribution, are too scared to give detectives any information and the police investigation is going nowhere.

One year later, someone has decided to take justice into their own hands. Picked off one by one, the tenants of the tower block are under threat from a mystery sniper who has set deadly traps throughout the building keeping them prisoner in their own homes.

Unsure of why they have been targeted, the group put their differences aside and undertake daring attempts to escape the building. But with every exit leading to another death, will they ever escape ?

From the very beginning the film grabbed me, it was a non stop hub of activity and we both really enjoyed the entire film, seeing the tower blocks reminded me of when I used to drive to London to visit my grandparents, the entire skyline used to be filled with them.

The cast was a real mix of people and they all worked very well together, this is not the type of film that you can nip off halfway through to make a cup of tea, if you do I would recommend pausing it, otherwise you will miss lots of the action, it really did have me on the edge of my seat in parts, and had me hooked until the very end, it was very hard to guess what was going to happen next, and certainly didn't turn out as I thought it would!!

Without giving too much away, this is definitely a film I would recommend you watch on DVD or Blu ray.
It is released today - 18th February 2013
A perfect film night choice.


1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website.
    Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
    A small number of my blog readers have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?



    My weblog; Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete