Thursday 8 March 2012

Eisberg Chardonnay Review







I seem to have been pregnant or breastfeeding almost continuously for the past fourteen years, meaning that I very rarely have an alcoholic drink, now don't get me wrong, this is not an issue, but occasionally it would be nice to have a drink that isn't a soft drink.
I have never really been a big wine fan, but I wasn't sure if it was the actual taste or the alcohol, so I was intrigued to try the Eisberg Non Alcoholic wine. This is what they say about it :

CUTTING BACK ON BOOZE DOESN’T HAVE TO MEAN CUTTING OUT WINE
Fancy a ruby rich Cabernet Sauvignon, a fresh aromatic Riesling or a smooth Chardonnay but want to cut back on the alcoholic units?

Eisberg alcohol free wine is made in exactly the same way as your favourite wine, but with one difference. At the end of the process the alcohol is gently removed using one of the world’s most advanced processes, leaving all of the flavours of the wine, but none of the alcohol.

There are four to choose from,  A refreshingly aromatic Riesling, a creamy crisp Chardonnay, a juicy succulent Rosé and a fruity red Cabernet Sauvignon.
Suitable as an accompaniment to any meal, or simply to sip with friends, Eisberg contains 0.05% alcohol and only 34 calories per 125 ml glass, making it a great alternative to calorie laden booze.
Eisberg’s alcohol free range of wine can help combat the cravings, so if you fancy the real taste sensation of your favourite wine, you don’t have to go without.

I asked my husbands opinion which he thought I would probably enjoy the most, and we decided on the Chardonnay, so on Saturday after the children had eventually gone to bed (probably past 11pm!) We sat down for a glass of wine....
I now have my answer, its the alcohol part of wine that I do not like, because this tasted lovely, in fact I enjoyed it so much that that we finished the bottle between us, something that NEVER happens with a bottle of wine in our house, unless we have guests!

It had a lovely fruity taste, but not too fruit juice like, and with only 34 calories per glass, I can have a little tipple every now and then on my ongoing  quest for slimness.

This is definitely a drink I would recommend, especially for those women who are either pregnant or breastfeeding and would still like to feel that they are being sociable and having a drink.

The full range is available at Morrisons, and selected wines are available at Tesco, Waitrose, Co-op, Booths and Bargain Booze, priced at RRP £3.20-£3.60.

No comments:

Post a Comment